The Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago has received financing from the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) for the Project, Strengthening of the Single Electronic Window (SEW) for Trade and Business Facilitation. Funding received for the project shall be applied to the above mentioned Consultancy.
The Scope of Services for the Consultancy is to Develop a National Maritime Policy and Strategy for Trinidad and Tobago that is three dimensional, focusing on international, regional and national levels. The Policy will have a specific focus on maximizing the sustainable use of Trinidad and Tobago’s ocean and sea resources, while enabling growth of the maritime economy through improving the business competitiveness of the shipping industry and balancing the safety and security interests of the sector. The key areas to be covered by the Policy and Strategy include, inter alia, the following:
- Background – vision and mission along with the need for total inclusiveness as it relates to its stakeholders and the identification of clear objectives and priorities for the management and development of sea resources.;
- Technology Adoption and Deployment;
- Maritime Transport;
- Maritime Safety and Security;
- Port Operations and Developments (inter-alia Sufferance wharfs and Out-ports);
- Maritime Capacity Building and Education;
- Protection of the marine environment;
- Maritime Sector Development and Investment clearly identifying policy guidelines to support the priority sub sectors within the maritime sector for economic diversification;
- Tourism and Sport;
- Ship building;
- Ship repair and Dry docking;
- Ship breaking and recycling;
- Cold Stacking;
- Yachting infrastructure and yachting services (Ship Storage, Repairs & Maintenance);
- Special Economic Zones / Maritime Logistics;
- Maritime Spatial Planning;
- Maritime Governance ;
- Innovation, Research & Development;
- Sustainable Resource Use (importance of the marine environment to tourism particularly in Caribbean island destinations);
- Safety and Security of Life at Sea (Safety of Navigation and Safety of Cargo)
- Wreck Removal and protection of historical heritage;
- Defence Policy of the country in the area of Naval Force (Maritime surveillance);
- Tax and incentive policy
- Maritime financing
In this regard, the Central Tenders Board (CTB), on behalf of the Executing Agency, the MTI, invites eligible consulting firm(s) to indicate their interest in providing the Consulting Services. Interested firm(s) must provide information to substantiate their ability to perform the Consulting Services. Submissions must include, at a minimum, a company profile inclusive of a signed transmittal letter and project summary of experience in similar projects (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills amongst staff, financial capability, etc.)
This Consultancy requires the Consulting Firm(s) to have the specific experience and/or capabilities and must substantiate such in the following areas:-
- Developing national policies within the last five (5) years
- Technical capacity in international best practice in developing national maritime policies
- Experience in Working with Multiple Agencies in complex project environments
- Any clarification/queries should be directed to the Officer at Address two (2) below from Monday to Friday between 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (local time).
The duration of the assignment is approximately six (6) months.
Shortlist shall comprise six firms with a wide geographic spread, with no more than two firms from any one country. The Expressions of Interest is open to all eligible firms as defined in the IDB’s policies which can be accessed at website: http://www.iadb.org/procurement.
Consultants will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Inter-American Development Bank: Policies for the Selection and Contracting of Consultants financed by the Inter-American Development Bank (GN 2350-9).
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications. For the purpose of establishing the short list, the nationality of a firm is that of the country in which it is legally incorporated or constituted and in the case of Joint Venture, the nationality of the firm appointed to represent it.
Consulting firms will be selected in accordance with the Consultant’s Qualification Selection (CQS) method set out in the Consultant Policies (GN 2350-9).
An original and nine (9) copies of the data must be submitted in sealed envelope(s) clearly marked:-
“Expressions of Interest for Consulting Services to Develop a National Maritime Policy and Strategy for Trinidad and Tobago, Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago (GORTT), Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) Loan #3575/OC-TT”
Envelopes must be addressed to the Chairman, Central Tenders Board at Address one (1) below and deposited in the BROWN Tenders Box located in the lobby of the Board’s Office not later than 1:00 p.m. (local time) on Thursday March 21, 2019.
Submissions will be opened shortly thereafter. An authorised representative of the firm may attend the opening at Address one (1) below.
Central Tenders Board
116 Frederick Street, Port of Spain, Republic of Trinidad and Tobago
Tel: 1-868-625-2311 Email: email@example.com
Programme Manager – Project Implementation Unit- SEW
Ministry of Trade and Industry
Level 9, Nicholas Tower, 63-65 Independence Square
PORT OF SPAIN, Republic of Trinidad and Tobago
Tel. No. 1-868-625-4516 Ext 2933 Email: PIUSEW@gov.tt
Consultants should note that the dimensions of the slot in the Tenders Box are 37.5cm x 5.5cm and as such, documents should be packaged accordingly.
The Central Tenders Board does not bind itself to accept any submission.
The Central Tenders Board reserves the right to cancel the Request for Expressions of Interest in its entirety or even partially, without defraying any cost incurred by any Firm in the preparation and submission of such Expression of Interest.
Late submissions will not be considered under any circumstances.
Interested firms are advised that the Expressions of Interest Notice will be advertised on the United Nations Development Business (UNDB) Website, the IDB Website and the Ministry of Finance Website: http://www.finance.gov.tt
Koriesha Emamali, Chairman
Central Tenders Board
Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago
CTB: 16/4/139 Sub XVII
February 11, 2019