GRANT FUND FACILITY
ABOUT THE STEELPAN MANUFACTURING GRANT FUND FACILITY (SMGFF)
The Steelpan Manufacturing Grant Fund Facility was established in January 2020 by the Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago for the acquisition of new machinery, equipment, software, tools, raw material and training by local steelpan manufacturers. Through this facility, successful local applicants can access individual Grants from the SMGFF up to a maximum of $250,000 per tranche, not exceeding $1,000,000.00 per entity.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE STEELPAN MANUFACTURING GRANT FUND FACILITY (SMGFF)
The specific areas eligible for funding under the SMGFF are as follows:
- Steelpan Manufacturers
- Sole proprietors, partnerships and companies wholly owned by Trinidad and Tobago nationals and registered and operating in Trinidad and Tobago are eligible.
- Grants will be for the acquisition of new machinery, equipment, software, tools, raw materials and training by local steelpan manufacturers:
- Businesses must be in operation for a minimum of two (2) years.
The criteria for assessing applicants are based on:
- The speciﬁc areas of eligibility;
- Quality and completeness of the documentation submitted;
- Contribution to the development of the overall steelpan manufacturing industry;
- Evidence of financial capacity;
- The projected impact of the acquisition on future export growth/import substitution.
- Complete the application form available below.
- Submit the application and all supporting documents to the Ministry of Trade and Industry – Investment Directorate.
- An ofﬁcer will make contact to conduct a site visit.
- The proposal will be assessed and sent to an Evaluation Committee for consideration
- Ofﬁcial notiﬁcation of the approval/non-approval of applications will be sent to MIC-IT and the applicant
- Execution of a Grant Agreement between the successful Applicant and MIC-IT which administers the SMGFF.
- Payment by MIC-IT directly to the supplier of the machinery, equipment, software, tools, raw materials or training through the bank.
- Application form duly completed
- Business Plan (relative to the complexity of the entity)
- Management Accounts for the previous two (2) years of operation
- Documented evidence of cost of new machinery, equipment, software, tools, raw materials and training
- Business Registration Documents, where necessary
- Tax Clearance Certificate and VAT Clearance Certificate, where necessary
- Police Certificate of Character for Applicant(s)