The Prime Minister, Dr the Honourable Keith Rowley, has directed that a Meeting of Government Ministers under the Chairmanship of the Minister of Energy and Energy Industries and Minister in the Office of the Prime Minister, the Honourable Stuart Young be held with representatives of various business organisations to discuss Covid-19 related business concerns.
This meeting will take place virtually on Wednesday 26 May, 2021 at 10am. The following entities have been invited to attend:
- Trinidad and Tobago Chamber of Industry and Commerce
- Trinidad and Tobago Chamber of Industry and Commerce – Tobago Division
- Trinidad and Tobago Manufacturers’ Association
- The American Chamber of Commerce Trinidad and Tobago
- Confederation of Regional Business Chambers
- Downtown Owners and Merchant Association
- Supermarket Association of Trinidad and Tobago
Additionally, the following Government Ministers will also be in attendance:
- Senator the Honourable Paula Gopee-Scoon, Minister of Trade and Industry
- Senator the Honourable Rohan Sinanan, Minister of Works and Transport
- The Honourable Shamfa Cudjoe, Minister of Sport and Community Development
- Senator the Honourable Randall Mitchell, Minister of Tourism, Culture and the Arts
- The Honourable Terrence Deyalsingh, Minister of Health
The Government looks forward to the continued collaboration with the business community to collectively combat the challenges presented by the Covid-19 pandemic with a view toward economic recovery and growth.